Monday, August 8, 2011

Not a Fan of Change

People never cease to amaze me. Not just ‘some’ people, but all people. I’m not trying to say that I am really any different than any of them as I am sure I probably do or have done all of the things I can’t help but notice. One thing that really beats my brain is the ways in which people change. Whether it be for better or worse, it just simply boggles my mind. I always hear comments along the lines of “some people never change... yadda yadda yadda...” Alls I have to say is... bullshit. Everybody changes, especially when we would rather they didn’t. Humans are creatures of habit. Don’t think you are? Think again, we all have routines in our lives in some way. You can try to disagree with me if you really want to but I’ll just let you know now that I will not agree with you. But hey everybody changes, right? Maybe you will be able to persuade me into changing my mind...

I think my issues with this idea of change is mostly my own selfishness, but we all have our own vices, right? Allow me to be a bit more specific. Once upon a time there was this person in my life who knew exactly who they were, I truly admired their ability to stand for what they believed in and lived by it. This person and I went our separate ways and completely lost touch. Somewhat recently, this person and I reconnected and I just could not ignore everything that changed. This person now does so many of the things they always said they would never do. I am not trying to say that there is anything wrong with this it all. This person appears to be happy living their life they way they do now. I know people “grow up” but in this instance to me it feels like this person had it together better back then compared to aging years later. It almost makes me sad in a way, and I can’t really seem to figure out why. I suppose it’s because learning this made me feel differently about this person and I really just can’t help it.

I get it. Change is inevitable. But it doesn’t mean I have to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment